I _____________________________________, Do Hereby Resolve …
Catchy, huh? An article encouraging you to make a New Year’s resolution – how creative! But give a guy a break! I know you’ve got your list!
- Gotta lose that 10 #s by February 1st
- Not forget to feed my dog/cat/hamster/ …
- (Husbands) Help with the housework without complaining
- (Wives) Not to kill my husband if he doesn’t chip in with housework without complaining
- Spend no more than 5 hours a day playing games on my computer, tablet, or phone
- Go to bed no later than 9 every Sunday through Thursday night
- Have devotional time first thing every morning
- Go to church every Sunday (You’re the Pastor! You have to go!)
- Get along better with my cranky neighbor
- Other ___________________________________________________________________________
So, what would a guy with a ministry called Win and Grow suggest? You guessed it!
Win and Grow a Disciple in 2017!
Seriously, I’ll bet that some of you have that one on your list. Others are saying, “oh yeah, good idea.” But many of you don’t want to go there for a myriad of reasons:
- I’m an introvert.
- I don’t know what to say to someone about how to know the Lord.
- I don’t know where to look in the Bible to explain the Gospel.
- I’m afraid of being rejected or made fun of.
- I’d say something wrong and chase a person away from God.
- I’m better at showing God’s love that talking.
- I think showing God’s love is better than talking.
- Other …
But you know a stack of scripture telling you to share the Gospel by showing it and by using words. Every song you hear on Christian radio is about letting your light shine. Your pastor preaches on it. You get Facebook ads every day showing some new resource to help you share the Gospel. So, how do you overcome your reluctance? Could you win and grow a disciple? Yes, you can! Isn’t part of the Great Commission a promise from Jesus that He’d be with us always?
I wrote a 50-day devotional for Christians with a healthy fear of sharing the Gospel. It was written to guide you into a place of confidence and peace to witness when the Holy Spirit prompts you. (You can get this transformational resource for yourself, very reasonably, by just clicking on the book. It’ll take you right to Amazon.
Here’s a little summary:
- Be natural. Be relational. Be real. Abide in Jesus and BE oBEdient.
- Love – Pray – Love – Pray – Love … Remember that the Holy Spirit is always drawing people.
- Remember that your loving service will open doors for you to share with words.
- Pray, look for, and learn to know when “God moments” happen with your Circles of Influence.
- Be ready to tell your own Jesus story in just a few minutes. No one can refute your own story.
- Learn the “Four Spiritual Laws:” LOVE; SEPARATION; REMEDY; RESPONSE.
- “Make It Happen” so that you are ready for “Let It Happen” opportunities.
- Work with and within your Christian community.
- Be ready to disciple a new believer. It’s about just being a good friend.
Our Lord didn’t return in 2016. Perhaps He will in 2017.
I ___________________________________, Do Hereby Resolve … to take someone with me.